Application for Diploma and Certificate Programmes(2015/2016 Session)
- Diploma Programmes: (Music, Dramatic Arts, Physical and Health Education, Conservation Science and Tourism, Education, Fine Arts, Yoruba Studies)
- Professional Diploma Programme: (Oral Health Care)
- Certificate Programmes: (French Language, Portuguese Language, Non Degree Certificate in Gender Studies).
- Advanced Certificate Course in Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Health
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Diploma and the Certificate Programmes co-ordinated by the Centre for Distance Learning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Candidates applying for any of the Diploma Programmes must have passes in five (5) relevant subjects at credit level including English Language, at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO. Candidates applying for Conservation Science and Tourism must have passes in five (5) subjects at credit level in WAEC/NECO/GCE which must include English Language and Biology, in addition to any of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics and Geography. In special cases of museum professionals, three (3) credit passes in WAEC/NECO/GCE will be accepted.
- Candidates applying for Diploma in Education must have passes in any five (5) subjects at credit level including English Language at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO or its equivalent. Credit in Mathematics is also required for Science or Merit/Credit in five (5) subjects of TC II including English Language. In addition, there will be written and oral examinations before the final admission.
- However, Candidates applying for Professional Diploma in Oral Health Care must be health professionals of any discipline with experience / training in Primary Health Care and must have at least 3 credits including English and Biology.
- Applicants for admission into the Non-degree Certificate Programme must have at least OND or NCE certificate. However, school certificate holders who have acquired enough experience working on development issues (minimum of two years) will also be considered for the Programme.
- Candidate applying for Certificate in Portuguese Language must have at least five “O” level credits in SSCE, NECO or GCE. It is not compulsory that candidates have any previous knowledge of Portuguese language. The programme shall last for six (6) months.
- Candidate applying for Certificate Course in French Language must have three “O” level credits in SSCE, NECO or GCE. It is not compulsory that candidates have any previous knowledge of French language.
- Candidates applying for Advanced Certificate Course in Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Health must have at least a basic professional qualification in any health-related discipline. Graduates in relevant core and social sciences, including statistics and demography will also be eligible.
Certificate in Gender Studies lasts for one Semester of 3 Months, while Certificate in Portuguese Language lasts for 6 Months. Certificate in French Language on the other hand has four different levels, and each level lasts for 2 Months.
Method of Application
All application fees are to be paid through any of the followin banks: Skye Bank, First Bank or UBA on e-Tranzact Platform.
Application fee for Diploma Programmes, Certificate in Portuguese Language, Certificate in Gender Studies Programme and Advanced Certificate Course in Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Health is N10,000.00 while Application fee for certificate in French Language is N5,000.
- Valid email address
- Passport Photograph (100kb Max)
- Applicants are advised to make payments personally and obtain the eTranzact receipts at any of the designated banks. The Centre for Distance Learning, OAU has not engaged any individual or organization to carry out this application procedure on her behalf and thus shall not be held responsible for any issue arising from the involvement of a third party.
- The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within 2 weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted. Candidates are required to check the website frequently for the actual entrance examination / screening date and venue. Candidates are to note that bank charges apply.
- Please always check the website for further information and notices.
D.I. Ocan (Mrs)
Centre for Distance Learning,
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
In case you have created your Account, Click here to Login