APPLICATION FOR BACHELOR DEGREES, DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES (2012/2013 Academic Session)
Centre For Distance Learning announces admission into her Diploma, Bachelor Degree and certificate Programmes. The available options are:
- Bachelor Degree Programme: (BNSc. Nursing, Education Degree)
- Diploma Programmes: (Music, Dramatic Arts, PHE, Conservation Science and Tourism, Fine Arts, Yoruba Studies)
- Certificate Programmes: (French Language, Portuguese Language, Non Degree Certificate in Gender Studies, Post Graduate Certificate in Gender Studies).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Bachelor Degree, Diploma and Certificate Programmes co-ordinated by the Centre for Distance Learning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
Admission Requirements Bachelor Degree Programme
(Nursing Science, Degree in Education)
Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Nursing Applicants must be Nurses registered by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (RN/RPN/RM/RPHN etc)
- Applicants must possess West African School Certificate/GCE (or Equivalents) with Credits in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two sittings. The subjects must include English Language. Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Candidates shall be invited for written entrance examination and interview.
Bachelor Degree in Education
- Candidates applying for Bachelor Degree in Education must have passes in any five (5) subjects at credit level including English Language (SSCE/GCE/NECO) or Merit/credit in teachers' Grade II Certificate. Credit in O/L English Language or merit at Teachers 'Grade II Certificate is compulsory.
- In addition to O'Level Requirement, applicants for Bachelor Degree in Education must have NCE credit/merit in two relevant teaching or professional subjects.
- Candidates applying for any of the Diploma Programmes (with the Exception of Diploma in Education) must have passes in five (5) relevant subjects at credit level including English Language, at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO.
- However, Candidates applying for Diploma in Education must have passes in any four (4) relevant subjects at credit level including English Language in SSCE, GCE, and NECO. Credit in Mathematics is also required for Science or merit/credit in four (4) relevant subjects of TC II including English Language.
- Applicants for admission into the Non-degree Certificate Programme must have at least OND or NCE certificate. However, school certificate holders who have acquired enough experience working on development issues (minimum of two years) will also be considered for the Programme. Applicants for the Post Graduate Certificate Course in Gender Studies must have a university degree from an approved University.
Bachelor of Nursing Science Programme is for five Academic Sessions, each of the Diploma Programmes lasts for two Academic Sessions.
Method of Application
All application fees (with the exception of Certificate in Portuguese Language) are to be paid through any of the followin banks: Skye Bank, First Bank or UBA on eTranzact Network. All applicants for Certificate in Portuguese Language are expected to purchase N7,500 bank draft from any of the banks listed above in the name of Centre for Distance Learning, OAU.
Application fee for Diploma and Certificate in Gender Studies Programmes is N10,000.00 while the application fee for Bachelor Degree Programmes is N12,500. Certificate in Portuguese and French Languages cost N7,500 and N2,000 respectively.
- Valid email address
- Passport Photograph (100kb Max)
Applicants are advised to make payments personally and obtain the eTranzact receipts at any of the designated banks. The Centre for Distance Learning, OAU has not engaged any individual or organization to carry out this application procedure on her behalf and thus shall not be held responsible for any issue arising from the involvement of a third party. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
The closing date for all Diploma Programmes is Thursday, 28th February, 2013.
F.E. Ajayi (Mrs)Administrative Secretary
Centre for Distance Learning,
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Apply Now
In case you have created your Account, Click here to Login
For further information, click on the Programme: Certificate
|| Bachelor's Degree